|TYPE||4 input/8 output digital loudspeaker processor|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||0 to 45°C|
|HUMIDITY RANGE||0 to 80% RH (non-condensing)|
|INPUT IMPEDANCE||>10kΩ balanced|
|OUTPUT IMPEDANCE||<100Ω balanced|
|MAX INPUT LEVEL||+20dBu|
|MAX OUTPUT LEVEL||+18dBu into 600Ω|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||10Hz - 40kHz|
|INPUT DYNAMIC RANGE||>120dBa typ.|
|OUTPUT DYNAMIC RANGE||>118dBa typ.|
|TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION||<0.008% typ. 20Hz-20kHz|
|Digital Signal Processing|
|AES3 INPUT SAMPLE RATE||28kHz – 108kHz|
|AES3 OUTPUT SAMPLE RATE||96kHz|
|AC OPERATING RANGE||100-240V +/-10%|
|Control and Monitoring|
|CONTROL APPLICATION||Martin Audio VU-NET™|
|AUDIO INPUT||4 x 3 pin female XLR for analogue or AES3 pairs|
|AUDIO OUTPUT||8 x 3 pin male XLR for analogue or AES3 pairs|
|ETHERNET||1 x shielded RJ45|
|DANTE™ NETWORK||2 x shielded RJ45, primary and secondary|
|AUX PORT||Phoenix connector for contact closure|
|MAINS POWER||3 pin IEC|
The Martin Audio DX4.0 is an advanced loudspeaker controller and system matrix with four input and eight output channels. Class-leading sonic performance is achieved by state-of-the-art audio converters and DSP algorithms, with a 96kHz sampling frequency delivering a nominally flat response beyond 40kHz.
- Four input channels and eight output channels loudspeaker processor and matrix
- Analogue, AES3 and Dante™ digital audio inputs
- High performance 96kHz DSP
- Remote control and monitoring over Ethernet via Martin Audio VU-NET software
- FIR optimisation for Martin Audio’s O-Line
- VX limiting allows a passive enclosure the same protection as a fully active unit.
- Comprehensive suite of EQ’s, delays and all pass filters.
- Global mains operation 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Loudspeaker system digital controller
- Front-of-house matrix to feed Dante digital audio to iKON amplifiers powering Martin Audio loudspeaker systems
- Use with Martin Audio O-Line for FIR Optimisation
- Use with Martin Audio U-Hub to feed digital audio and network to an MLA Series array/subwoofer array via a single cable
Connected via Ethernet, system remote control and monitoring is done via Martin Audio’s VU-NET proprietary software application, while a front panel interface gives local control of features.
Four analogue/AES3 inputs and eight analogue/AES outputs are available, with AES3 inputs and outputs selected in pairs. Dante™ digital audio networking is also provided for digital audio distribution and control, with automatic fall back to analogue or AES3. By converting analogue or AES audio to Dante, the DX4.0 provides ‘on-ramp’ entry to digital audio networking.
The DX4.0 features a sophisticated loudspeaker limiter suite which incorporates peak, RMS and excursion limiting, as well as multiband limiting for passive two-way systems. High-pass filtering, three shelving filters and six parametric filters are provided for each input channel, with crossover filters, two shelving filters and eight parametric filters on each output channel.
The DX4.0 supports FIR filters for use with optimisation of Martin Audio’s O-Line and can also be used with Martin Audio’s U-Hub to feed digital audio and network to an MLA Series array/subwoofer array via a single cable.